For More Information

  • County and municipal building, planning, health and soil conservation departments. Country Houses
  • State agencies such as the Department of Ecology, the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife and the Washington State Energy Extension Service (1-800-962-9731).
  • Local newspapers (You may want to sit down in the newspaper office and scan through several month's worth of news).
  • Local builders, architects and building designers.
  • Real estate professionals.
  • Trade journals such as Fine Homebuilding and The Journal of Light Construction.
  • Neighboring property owners who have recently developed their property in a manner similar to your plans. Please note: rules change and what might have been possible in the past may not be possible now.
  • See the consult question and answers on Q&A: Buying a Home, Q&A: Planning for a Home.